Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Greenhouse Effect





Tunic: Starling, Von Maur
Cami: Target
Leggins: Target
Socks: Kohls
Booties: Blowfish
Coat: BB Datoka, ModCloth
Bag: Fossil
Earrings: Made by a friend
Necklace: Tiffany & Co

The greenhouses at Ball State are incredible.  Nick and I went on a tour of both of them (the orchid and teaching/research greenhouses) this morning and we fell in love with the unbelievable species within.  The humid, cloudy, and astonishingly green atmosphere left us breathless.  We were lost in the beautiful and sometimes bizarre composition of the plants, and we spent the whole time pouring over each detail.  If you have a local greenhouse, GO!

My outfit was perfect - the booties protected my feet while walking through the woods to get to the greenhouse, and I wasn't worried about water or dirt damaging them.  The leggins and tunic were thin enough so that I wasn't sweating, and the pop of color allowed me to stand out amongst all the greenery.

I love discovering something new and exciting so close to where I live.  It's easy to get discouraged about your lack of options and activities in Muncie, especially in the colder months, so this visit was refreshing.  Keep a look out for opportunities, you never know what might come your way!