Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Cappuccino Crop

16July13(1)
16July13(2) 16July13(3) 16July13(4) 16July13(5)

Top: Sears
Maxi & Sandals: maurices
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters

Last night my girlfriends and I were discussing our love/hate relationship with crop tops. Naturally, the first thing I gravitate to this morning is my own, so I decided to try to remix it in a work appropriate way. This meant no bare skin, so I covered up with a tank and a high waisted skirt. Not bad!

I think it is important to challenge yourself to think in a different way. I like to this through my clothing, since I feel like it is easy to get stuck in a uniform, this goes with that, kind of routine. Remixing is like a form of brain training! In fact, I've been considering trying a 30 day remix, like this one from Kendi Everyday. Interesting, no?